Manage episode 311807628 series 3187941
Something that a lot of people find challenging is coming up with ideas of what to post on social media. The good news is that you may not have to come up with anything new after all :)
A great way to create short social media posts is to look at existing longer-form content such as blogs that you've already published. You then take individual points from that content as ideas to use for social media posts.
For example, if I take the blog I published last week "A Marketing Checklist – The 5 things you should always check!" (click here to see it) then here are just a few examples of social media posts that could be created from it:
- The obvious ones are to take each of the 5 points and create a post from each one.
- Another obvious one is a sentence about the blog and a link off to it.
- The blog mentions a couple of ideas for the process so posts could be created about those.
- Create a graphic including the 5 points.
- Make an Instagram post with multiple images, 1 for each of the 5 points.
- Create a video or animated GIF of the 5 images above.
That's over 10 different social media posts from just 1 (very short) previously posted blog! If you have longer blogs you'll be able to create even more posts, and of course the more existing content you have the better it is.
So next time you're struggling to come up with some ideas for your social media posts, give this method a try.
As usual, if you've got any comments or questions, just head to the Ten Minute Marketing Facebook group here and comment there or just reply to me here.
Ten Minute Marketing: Training, consultancy, or we can do it for you!
P.S. If you don't have the time, knowledge, or inclination to do your marketing yourself, we can do it for you. Example packages with prices can be seen here www.tenminutemarketing.co.uk/full-marketing-service/