06 - Vertical Farming - Chances & Limitations discussed with UrbanOasis Founder Albert Payaró Llisterri
Manage episode 321021864 series 2940478
Today's guest is Albert Payaro Llisterri, co-founder of Urban Oasis, Vertical Farming Tech Startup from Sweden. He studied Material Engineering and lived in different countries till he started his entrepreneurial journey in 2017.
We will talk about what vertical farming is, what are the chances but also the limitations and how tech can accelerate the whole industry.
In this episode we are addressing the following questions:
- Can you please explain to my listeners what vertical farming is?
- Which problem does it solve?
- What are the limitations of vertical farming in terms of products, space, location, etc.?
- I have seen very different models of vertical farming - for personal garden size, containerized or giga farms. Which form is suitable for which countries or which usage?
- What is the green premium of Vertical farming products? When will it come to discounter level?
- Does it really reduce CO2 emissions? How is the water consumption compared to land grown?
- Explain what is the difference between your model and “classic” vertical farming companies?
- Why is the vertical farming industry still so small?
- What can you do as an individual or as business owner change to be more sustainable?
Please check out show notes and background information: www.sustainnow.ch
Ideas for a podcast episode? Please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org