Manage episode 331664826 series 2941346
Remember when you were a kid, and you tied two cups together with a string and used it as a phone? Or maybe you remember the first time you opened up AOL chat and got to talk with a friend instantly. In 2022 it takes a lot more to keep people connected on a daily basis than it has for previous generations. Between WiFi, Data, 5G, Voice, text, email, social media, Artificial Intelligence emerging, and endless possibilities…it’s going to take a lot of smart people to build the future. That’s why we are excited to welcome today’s guest!
Welcome back for another episode of the 5G guys! Dan and Wayne here, and today we will be joined by Paul Stager. Paul works at a startup company called EdgeQ, and he currently serves as the senior director of engineering at HQ, where he is actively applying his expertise on radio-frequency systems to help them develop a new generation of chips. If you know anything about wireless networks, you know this is going to be disruptive to the industry.
Hit play to hear Paul’s thoughts on the fundamental changes in core technologies around cellular, WiFi, data processing, and artificial intelligence and how they are changing and converging! You’ll also hear what Paul has learned over his 25+ years in radio frequency engineering and digital signal processing, our thoughts on the complexities the industry faces as we grow, how the convergence of WiFi and cellular is forming, what problems Paul and EdgeQ are solving, and so much more.
With an industry like telecommunication and 5G, we loved this conversation because there's always so much going on behind the curtain that we don't see. There are so many companies and people making things happen that are not out in the front headlines or the latest trending tech story. It's comforting to know that there are innovators like Paul Stager at the forefront of the rapidly changing industry. If you are an innovator or work in the space, we would love to have you on the show! Check out the free resources and learn how to connect with us via the links below.
More Of What’s Inside:
- The convergence of technology
- The future of artificial intelligence
- The possible speeds we could see soon
- How the industry is pivoting before our eyes
- Some little-known projects in the tech space
- A quick understanding of latency
- How Data works
- And so much more!
Connect with Paul:
- Website: https://edgeq.io/
- Paul’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-stager-0044724
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/edgeq/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/EdgeQInc
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/edgeq_inc
Connect With Us:
- Website: www.vertex-us.com
- Website: https://5gguys.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/5Gguys
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12515882
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/5gGuys
Submit Your Ideas or Feedback:
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 Thank you to today’s sponsors
- 6:12 Behind the converging of WiFi and cellular
- 8:19 Will 5G and WiFi ever have similar use cases?
- 13:56 How this convergence is playing into new tech
- 16:20 The definition of computing
- 18:36 The claims for 5G and latency
- 23:30 How EdgeQ is disrupting the industry
- 33:23 The promise of 5G speeds and closing thoughts