Manage episode 375633270 series 3366324
Go behind the workbench to explore the unique challenges and joys of guitar repair and restoration!
What do Dana Bourgeois, Mamie Minch, and Martin Keith have in common? They’ve all been the author behind Acoustic Guitar magazine’s question-and-answer column “Ask the Expert,” for one. Now we find out what these guitar experts wish more people would ask about their instruments, and what advice they have for you.
Support the show:
- Listen to Part 2 on Patreon to hear some hair-raising repair horror stories, plus get actionable advice for you and your guitars.
- Make a one-time contribution to the show on PayPal.
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts (This helps other guitarists find the show and helps us. We really appreciate it!)
- Dana Bourgeois founded Bourgeois Guitars in 1974. He recently completed his 10,000th guitar, a custom OM Style 45.
- Mamie Minch is the co-owner of Brooklyn Lutherie and an active blues player.
- Martin Keith is a luthier, repair and restoration expert, and working musician.
- Read a selection of past Ask the Expert articles.
- Visit Frank Ford’s frets.com.
- Get a copy of the Acoustic Guitar Owner’s Manual or download the complete edition of Acoustic Guitar Care & Maintenance.
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast theme music is composed by Adam Perlmutter and performed for this episode by Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers.
This episode is hosted by Nick Grizzle, produced by Tanya Gonzalez, and directed and edited by Joey Lusterman. Executive producers are Lyzy Lusterman and Stephanie Campos Dal Broi.
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast is produced by the team at Acoustic Guitar magazine, including:
- Publisher: Lyzy Lusterman
- Editorial Director: Adam Perlmutter
- Managing Editor: Kevin Owens
- Creative Director: Joey Lusterman
- Digital Content Director: Stephanie Campos Dal Broi
- Digital Content Manager: Nick Grizzle
- Marketing Services Manager: Tanya Gonzalez