Manage episode 333413236 series 1409924
In this episode, I’m excited to welcome Edward Sullivan, who has been coaching and advising start-up founders, Fortune 10 executives, and heads of state for over 15 years.
His clients include executives from Google, Salesforce, Slack, and dozens of other fast-growth companies. Edward is CEO & President of Velocity, which is an executive coaching consultancy.
Edward is ALSO the co-author with John Baird of a new book called LEADING WITH HEART: 5 Conversations That Unlock Creativity, Purpose, and Results.
We’re going to get into a lot in this episode, but the main theme I want to explore is: How do we help OTHERS get their best results?
So much productivity advice involves “personal productivity”, but let’s face it — so much of what we do relies on other people.
Even if you are not an executive or a “capital-L” Leader, there will be something in this episode for you.
Go to Novo.co/TPS and get your FREE business checking account.
Go to Shopify.com/tps for a FREE fourteen-day trial and get full access to Shopify’s entire suite of features.
Thanks to Truebill. It could save you thousands a year.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/411.
- What led Edward to becoming an executive coach? [3:02]
- What differentiates middle-level executives from top-level executives in Edward’s opinion? [4:47]
- What is Edward’s advice to rising leaders to reach for that next level? [7:15]
- How do heart-led companies and fear-led companies compare? [10:37]
- What’s the best way to switch from an answering leadership style to a coaching leadership style? [13:58]
- How does Edward coach people who are not naturally inclined to help others? [24:45]
- How does Edward help people overcome the fear of change? [27:10]
- What are “blind sets” and how can they be de-railing? [29:16]
- How does Edward uncover the true gifts and strengths of his clients when coaching? [31:51]
- What are Edward’s tips for finding purpose in what you do? [34:46]
- Action step you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [37:57]
- Book – Leading with Heart: 5 Conversations That Unlock Creativity, Purpose, and Results by Edward Sullivan & John Baird
- Book – The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by Gay Hendricks
- Productivity Academy
- Become a member of TPS+
- Take the Productivity Quiz
Connect with Edward Sullivan
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!