Manage episode 370925387 series 1409924
Being a better leader means making better decisions. In this episode, we are joined by Constance Dierickx, a high-level consultant who helps leaders make decisions when the stakes are high.
We discuss her new book Meta-Leadership: How To See What Others Don’t and Make Great Decisions, and she demonstrates — on Brooks! — how easy it is to fall into the cognitive trap of dichotomous thinking.
Go to Bambee.com and type in productivity show under PODCAST when you sign up.
One-of-a-kind financing program at NetSuite.com/TPS.
FACTORMEALS.com/tps50 and use code tps50 to get 50% off your first box.
Learn more at https://theproductivityshow.com/.
- Constance’s background and how she became The Decision Doctor [2:12]
- How do you overcome high performers who don’t think they need help? [5:23]
- How do you solve the HIPPO problem? [19:58]
- Brooks falls into the “dichotomous thinking” trap [21:42]
- How can you say “I don’t know” without portraying yourself as weak or non-decisive? [24:14]
- A great strategy for those of us whose emotional dial is turned up a little too high sometimes [34:41]
- How can a junior person be confident and speak up in meetings or similar situations? [42:54]
- Is it possible to be both analytical AND creative? [46:28]
- How to “be an explorer in your own territory” [55:50]
- Bambee (tell them “productivity show” sent you)
- Factor (code tps50)
- Meta-Leadership: How to See What Others Don’t and Make Great Decisions by Constance Dierickx
- Psychological Safety – Amy C. Edmondson
- Strategy — Roger Martin
- Daniel Kahneman – Wikipedia
- The Advice Trap: Be Humble, Stay Curious & Change the Way You Lead Forever by Michael Bungay Stanier
- Design the Life You Love: A Step-by-Step Guide to Building a Meaningful Future by Ayse Birsel
- (26) Constance Dierickx | LinkedIn
- Constance Dierickx – The Decision Doctor®
- Productivity Academy
- The Productivity Show on Youtube
- The Productivity Show Youtube Clips
- Become a member of TPS+
- Take the Productivity Quiz
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!