Even when we’re not going anywhere, we’re planning our next adventure. As a global leader in travel, Expedia has created this entertaining podcast offering travel information and ideas so you can learn and get inspired. Before you embark on your next trip, join host Nisreene Atassi to swap tips with travel experts and industry insiders, as well as people just like you who have great travel stories to share. Subscribe today, and learn to navigate the online travel booking space and Out Travel ...
#250 The State of Addiction in Northern Ireland (ft. Prof Kathryn Higgins & Dr Anne Campbell from Queen’s University Belfast)
Manage episode 322669454 series 2849819
Tekijältä Matthew Thompson, Matthew Thompson: storyteller from Belfast, and Northern Ireland. Player FM:n ja yhteisömme löytämä — tekijänoikeuksien omistajana on kustantaja eikä Player FM ja ääntä lähetetään suoraan heidän palvelimiltaan. Napsauta Tilaa -painiketta, kun haluat seurata Player FM:n päivityksiä tai liittää syötteen URL-osoitteen muihin podcast-sovelluksiin.
Today’s episode features a conversation about the state of addiction in Northern Ireland with Dr Anne Campbell and Professor Kathryn Higgins from Queen’s University Belfast who have both dedicated their professional careers to researching and implementing solutions around this issue. In today’s episode we talk about:
- What personally got each them into the field of addiction
- Key insights from longitudinal studies and individual stories
- Which substances are causing the greatest harm locally
- Unique strengths and weaknesses NI faces with addiction
- The impact of COVID on the sector
- Some of the incredible research they have been involved in over the years
- And first steps you and I can take to get help or help others