Manage episode 336988782 series 2849819
Brendan Digney is the founder of Machine Eye: a tech start-up from Belfast that uses AI and Computer Vision to make heavy machinery autonomous and safer.
(AKA: “he turns big diggers and cranes into Teslas”)
Having grown up surrounded by farms, fields, and machinery, Brendan has an intimate knowledge of the industry which he is now using to save lives (and costs) on construction/agricultural sites around the world.
Outside of Machine Eye, he can be found enjoying his other passions including: photography (he runs his own agency), microlight aircraft (he’s an experienced pilot), writing (for a monthly aircraft magazine) and sports (cycling, triathlon and GAA).
In today’s show we talk about:
- Our shared love for the Centra/Go Garage on the A1
- Why hardware is hard
- The future of autonomous vehicles
- How his company gives diggers eyes and a brains
- (And why that matters)
- How he got into flying
- What the heck “flamping” is
- Why he enjoys doing so many different types of things
- And the greatest highs/lows of his journey so far
Check it out.