Manage episode 348217645 series 2954729
In this episode we discuss:
- Getting past mindset barriers to open up new opportunities in course creation.
- What are embodied practices?
- Stepping into embodied practices in online courses.
- Designing variability into your course to give students a range of learning opportunities.
- Using body-based and somatic techniques to move students forward.
- How to use pre-course preparations to increase engagement and completion rates.
- Understanding embodied cognition to create a more complete experience.
- The power of partnering to create a more dynamic and lucrative course.
“One of the most powerful components of embodiment, is that it’s not necessarily that you're moving, but that you're sensing.”
– Anne Bishop
“And the truth is, specifically for a movement practitioner, if you are constantly putting your hands on somebody, they are reliant on your feedback to make choices and decisions that hold your students hostage to your expertise.”
– Chantill Lopez
Anne's love of teaching began in grade school when she supported other students in math and ballet class. She has over 20 + years of educating Pilates and movement leaders working with a range of clients from Olympic Athletes for the 2008 Beijing Olympics to connecting brain science to movement practice for professionals working in rehabilitation. As a forward thinker, Anne weaves the principles of education, embodiment, and entrepreneurship to support others in building businesses and lifestyles that design for more time and financial freedom.
Chantill is a master trainer for one of the largest Pilates education companies in the world, Balanced Body Inc, a featured presenter for Fusion Pilates EDU, and the creator of one of Pilates Metrics’ original movement libraries.
Her BIG PASSION is supporting movement teachers of all kinds in taking their work to the next level both personally and professionally through two flagship projects: the Skillful Teaching Mentorship Program and the Science + Psychology of Teaching Master’s Program
- Guests: Anne Bishop & Chantill Lopez
- Hosts: Danny Iny & Abe Crystal
- Producer: Cynthia Lamb
- Executive producer: Danny Iny
- Assembled by: Geoff Govertsen
- Audio Post Supervisor: Evan Miles, Christopher Martin
- Audio Post Production: Post Office Sound
- Music soundscape: Chad Michael Snavely
- Making our hosts sound great: Home Brew Audio
If you don't want to miss future episodes of Course Lab, please subscribe to Apple podcasts or Spotify or wherever you're listening right now. And if you liked the show, please leave us a starred review. It's the best way to help us get these ideas to more people.
Music and SFX credits:
Episode transcript: Somatic Course Design (Anne Bishop & Chantill Lopez) coming soon