Manage episode 344394593 series 2954729
In this episode we discuss:
- Why you absolutely can teach abstract topics in an online course.
- Integrating a highly multifaceted course structure.
- Lending value and credibility to your course through accreditation.
- Using demonstration methods in your course curriculum.
- Using special sessions, peer interaction and journaling in your course.
- Using a hybrid format and building in a flipped classroom.
“The course includes a lot of different aspects that are going to deepen the learning so that people get to do the work first for themselves and then learn how to do it for others. The combination of all the different aspects is incredibly effective.”
– Lisa Bloom
Lisa Bloom is a storyteller, author and coach who’s passionate about the art and business of storytelling. She runs a business called Story Coach and helps entrepreneurs, business owners & leaders attract & impact ideal clients and grow their business.
After traveling the world and working a variety of jobs, Lisa settled down and created her business: story coaching, developing transformational story leaders & delivering global conference keynotes and workshops. She is also the Director of Mirasee’s ACES Business Acceleration Program.
There’s nothing Lisa loves more than to spend time with her partner & their four sons, walk her dog, travel, read and share stories!
Resources or websites mentioned in this episode:
- Guest: Lisa Bloom
- Hosts: Danny Iny & Abe Crystal
- Producer: Cynthia Lamb
- Executive producer: Danny Iny
- Assembled by: Geoff Govertsen
- Audio Post Supervisor: Evan Miles, Christopher Martin
- Audio Post Production: Post Office Sound
- Music soundscape: Chad Michael Snavely
- Making our hosts sound great: Home Brew Audio
If you don't want to miss future episodes of Course Lab, please subscribe to Apple podcasts or Spotify or wherever you're listening right now. And if you liked the show, please leave us a starred review. It's the best way to help us get these ideas to more people.
Music and SFX credits:
Episode transcript: Transformation Power (Lisa Bloom) coming soon