Manage episode 360802097 series 2938652
What's the difference between adoration and thanksgiving? Why does it matter? Should I pray at specific times or should prayer be spontaneous?
In this episode, we continue our discussion of prayer by discussing the forms of prayer.
This episode covers Part Four, Section One, Chapter One, Article Three, and Chapter Two, Articles One and Two of the Catechism of the Catholic Church (pts 2623-2682).
Support us on Patreon!
Contact the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org.
References and further reading/listening/viewing:
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Catholic Answers, "Why Pray to Mary?"
- Joseph M. Muntadas, "A Plan of Life"
- Roger J. Landry, Plan of Life
- Ascension Presents, "The Jesus Prayer Might Radically Change Your Prayer Life", YouTube.
- Fr Mike Schmitz, "The Power of Prayer", YouTube.
- Archbishop Fulton Sheen, "Prayer is a Dialogue", YouTube.
- Fr. Jacques Philippe, Time for God
- The Catholic Encyclopedia, "Adoration"
- Guigo the Carthusian, Scala Paradisi: PL 40, 998. (This is the guy whose name I couldn't pronounce. Gweego? Goojeeo? Someone who speaks Italian tell me.)
- Ashley Crane, "Bless the Lord, O my soul!"