Manage episode 378052000 series 2968758
Rebecca Weston, LCSW and JD is a metro-New York psychotherapist and co-president of the Climate Psychology Alliance of North America. She supports climate-aware mental health practitioners and professionals on the front lines of climate work. She’s also written multiple pieces and spoken on the mental health impacts of the climate crisis, and how other systems of inequity affect climate mental issues.
Resources from this episode:
- What is climate psychology?
- Visit Rebecca Weston’s website.
- Learn more about the work of Climate Psychology Alliance of North America
- Find more information on Climate Cafes.
- Watch Renee Lertzman’s TED Talk.
- Read more of Renee Lertzman’s work.
- For those dealing with burnout, Weston recommends reading the work of Rebecca Solnit.
- Read the Newsweek piece that Weston co-authored on “climate silence.”
- Check out EDF’s Green Jobs Hub.
- Yes, you can turn your climate anxiety into meaningful action
- How to green any job with Project Drawdown's Jamie Beck Alexander
- How a psychology major is on the frontlines of decarbonizing a global industry
🌎 Job hunting? Visit our comprehensive Green Jobs Hub for job listings, networking resources, skills and certification information and more.
📧 Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on green careers, upcoming episodes and more.
🔗 Connect with Yesh Pavlik Slenk on LinkedIn
👉 Follow up on social media:
- @environmental_defense_fund on Instagram
- @EnvDefenseFund on Twitter
- @EnvDefenseFund on TikTok
- Environmental Defense Fund on LinkedIn
Who makes Degrees?
Degrees: Real talk about planet-saving careers is presented by Environmental Defense Fund (EDF). Yesh Pavlik Slenk is our host. Amy Morse is EDF’s producer. Podcast Allies is our production company. Stephanie Wolf produced this episode. Mia Lobel is our story editor. Ayo Oti is our researcher. Engineering by Kevin Kline. Our music is Shame, Shame, Shame from Yesh’s favorite band, Lake Street Dive.