Manage episode 336835805 series 2904078
The North American Martyrs are some of the most amazing men in history. They are 8 Jesuits who gave their lives to bring eternal life to the Hurons and other Native Americans. While they all have incredible stories, Fr. Charles Garnier (1606-1649) is known to have died because he stayed behind with a group of Petuns who were surely going to be massacred. The way he died highlights the importance of baptism and eternal salvation. Listen in to know the details of his life and heroic death!
- Recommended book to read: “Saints of the American Wilderness.” Saints of the American Wilderness | Sophia Institute Press
- Fr. Patrick Wainwright is a priest of Miles Christi, a Catholic Religious Order.
- Visit the Miles Christi Religious Order website: https://www.mileschristi.org
- This Podcast’s Website: https://www.forcollegecatholics.org
- To learn about the Spiritual Exercises (silent weekend retreat) preached by the Priests of Miles Christi, visit: https://www.mileschristi.org/spiritual-exercises/
- Recorded at our Family Center in South Lyon, Michigan.
- Planning, recording, editing and publishing by Fr. Patrick Wainwright, MC.
- Gear: Shure MV7 USB dynamic microphone.
- Intro music from pond5.com