Manage episode 377574735 series 2502126
The news is out and the headlines are clear - drugs like Ozempic and Wegovy DO help people lose weight and they have become "the next big thing" for weight loss.
But, questions remain: How do they work? What long-term impacts will these have on health? Are they really helping the underlying cause of obesity and disease? Is it enough just to lose the weight? Will these drugs actually improve our health in the same way that a whole food plant-based diet can?
Rip welcomes evolutionary psychologist, Dr. Doug Lisle, back to the podcast to discuss his thoughts on these new weight loss drugs and why they may or may not be a panacea for improved health.
- The correlation between obesity and disease processes
- The underlying cause of obesity
- Pros and Cons of weight loss drugs
- Why people struggle to change their behavior even when they know better
- The importance of making your environment look like your goals
- Listener Question: recovering from medical cannabis withdrawal
- Listener Question: Can a whole food plant-based diet cure schizophrenia?
- Dr. Doug's thoughts on screen time and social media influence
Black Mountain Retreat - April 14th-19th, 2024 - Save $200 with code: RIP200
Sedona Retreat - October 8th-13th, 2024 - Save $200 with code: RIP200
Follow PLANTSTRONG and Rip Esselstyn
Visit PLANTSTRONG Foods and stock up on all of our latest products:
PLANTSTRONG Facebook - tips, recipes, and the chance to see Rip live each week
PLANTSTRONG Instagram - tag us using #goplantstrong 🌱💪
Rip Esselstyn Instagram
Let Us Help Your PLANTSTRONG Journey
PLANTSTRONG Meal Planner
PLANTSTRONG Coaching Program
Follow the PLANTSTRONG Podcast and Never Miss an Episode
Share the Show
Please click the + button to follow and give the show a 5-star rating on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favorite podcast player. Share with friends and loved ones who may benefit from the good news about plants.
Theme Music for Episode