530: Your Anxiety Questions, Answered | Judson Brewer
Manage episode 348857321 series 172966
The subject of anxiety never seems to lose its relevance. In this special episode we answer listener voicemails with one of the world’s leading experts on anxiety.
Dr. Jud Brewer is the Chief Medical Officer at Sharecare and the Director of Research and Innovation at Brown University’s Mindfulness Center. He is also the New York Times best-selling author of Unwinding Anxiety: New Science Shows How to Break the Cycles of Worry and Fear to Heal Your Mind and an expert in the field of habit change and the science of self-mastery.
In this episode we talk about:
- The current levels of anxiety in our culture
- Why fear and planning can be helpful, but worrying is not
- The role of curiosity and kindness in short circuiting anxiety
- How to differentiate between anxiety and excitement
- Whether we can try too hard to treat our anxiety
- And why as a society we are moving away from distress tolerance
Full Shownotes: https://www.tenpercent.com/podcast-episode/judson-brewer-530