Manage episode 334180119 series 2548171
There are ethical debt collectors, but also dirty players in the industry. Clark explains the crooked practice of refreshing the debt, and what your rights and responsibilities are. Also, no utility bills sound good? ‘Passive’ homes are ultra energy efficient, and there are initiatives that go a step beyond. People are building passive, self-powered homes with solar & batteries off the grid. We have options today, including home power from EVs. Decentralizing how we get power is great for the nation as well.
- DEBT: Statute of Limitations: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- ENERGY: Off The Grid: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- The Statutes of Limitations on Debt Collection by State
- What Is a Good Credit Score?
- Should I Pay Off My Mortgage Before I Retire?
- About Clark Howard
- How To Build Credit
- The Kredit Syndicate (Tradelines, Credit Repair & Education) - NOT Recommended
- ChexSystems - How To Prevent, Report and Repair Identity Theft
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices