Manage episode 288170900 series 2772390
It's a two for one special this week on the OM3 pod, as JJ and Tommy are joined by two guests who are not only great professionals, but great people as well - Tobias Harris and Mina Kimes. Harris, enjoying arguably his finest season of his career, sits down to talk hoops (of course), but also touches on so much more. For the hoop discussion, he opens up about the disappointment of not making the ASG despite the incredible season he's having, how and why playing for Doc Rivers has maximized his talents, the difference between the US professional model vs. the rest of the world, and how his NCAA tournament experience turned from a dream into a nightmare. Then he digs deeper and expands out of the realm of basketball when the guys discuss just about everything in the EAT PRAY DUNK segment. At this point, you would think things couldn't get much better... but you'd be wrong. Because to cap the show off, the guys welcome in the spectacular Mina Kimes for a draft that will have you packing your fictional bags. It's the Top 5 fictional TV/Movie towns you would like to live in for one week. Who knew JJ likes to hang out with pups? Never mind, you'll see.
- Discuss the ongoing issue of inequality between men's and women's sports after the NCAA weight room fiasco
- On the issues that run rampant within the NCAA
- What would the 18 year old Tobias do if he were graduating high school right now
- How the professional basketball 'model' differs in the US as compared to the rest of the world.
- Tobias recants his NCAA tournament nightmare experience
- How playing with Doc Rivers helps him maximize his talents and translate them to the court
- On the positive impact of knowing your role within a team and what's expected of you
- Is he surprised at how fast it's all come together for the Sixers this year.
- Is Joel Embiid the MVP?
- On the improvement of their defense this year and how it runs against the grain of the league
- How it's foolish to try and compare different eras of the NBA
- On his disappointment of not making the ASG and how JJ feels the rosters should be expanded for this exact reason
- How getting the all star nod effects contracts
- Discusses the similarities between him and Mike Conley in terms of fitting into the system you play in
- Is there a harder place in the NBA to be a max player than Philly?
- EAT PRAY DUNK (w/ Tobias)
TOP 5/Draft with Mina Kimes
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices