Manage episode 306432712 series 3003279
Let's talk about how to deal with triggers. I'm sure it's no surprise, but this episode comes with a trigger warning.
TW: domestic violence, intense reactions, discussion of triggers
But first, we need to understand:
- What is a trigger?
- What causes a trigger?
- How long do triggers last?
- How to overcome triggers
- How to deal with feeling triggered
We will discuss:
- Trauma and neural pathways
- Healing trauma
- Identifying your feelings and needs
- Finding gratitude for our trauma
- Being mindful of our reactions
- Vocalizing trauma
- Breathing techniques
- Teaching children how to deal with triggers
- Coping techniques for triggers
- Positive affirmations for when you are triggered
- Journal prompts for triggers
Episodes and Articles Mentioned:
- Journal Prompts for Triggers
- Sharing Your Story
- Journal Prompts for Sharing Your Story
- Mindfulness in Everyday Life
- How to Stop Playing Small and Start Living Authentically
- Intergenerational Trauma
- Self-Care Ideas and Activities
You can find today's show notes on Root and Rise Blog or by clicking here.
Follow Root and Rise Podcast on Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
You can find me (Breanne) on Instagram as well!
Special credit to Purple Planet Music for the background track, https://www.purple-planet.com