Helping an Organization Meet Its Needs with Dan Neumann
Manage episode 340654810 series 2502498
This week, Dan Neumann welcomes you to celebrate episode number 200! The Agile Coaches’ Corner Podcast began back in 2018 and the journey continues! During these years there were many guests, an increasing amount of listeners, and numerous Agile topics were explored. Thank you for being part of these first 200 shows!
In this episode, Dan is exploring a typical situation: Trying to explain the benefits of the Agile ways to someone who is not immersed in the Agile field. Referring to the Agile principles, values, or even the Agile Manifesto won’t help stakeholders. Listen to this episode and learn to communicate how Agile can help an organization to meet its needs (without mentioning the word Agile!)
- It can be challenging to communicate the benefits of using Agile to stakeholders not referring to Agile.
- If you are operating in an area of high uncertainty (or a complex environment) Scrum is the answer.
- The Scrum framework works to deliver increments every sprint, and by receiving feedback to make sure the product developed works and meets the definition of done. This helps to have more certainty and get closer to a solution for the customer.
- The Scrum Framework is a great assistance in reducing risks.
- When working with an organization in helping them to be more effective, you need to understand what “effective” looks like for them.
- First, you need to know what is valuable for the organization in order to help them along the journey of becoming more effective.
- Beginning with the end in mind helps you learn what is important and form tactics and strategies needed to assist an organization in a better way.
- Dan talks about the presentation he will do at The Agile + DevOps East Festival: It is OK to be unsafe: Scaling without using somebody else’s framework.
- Dan will talk in this presentation about what needs to be explored in order to help an organization meet its needs, and choose the strategies and tactics that make more sense in that specific context (Scrum is a great framework but it might not be the right for everyone).
Mentioned in this Episode:
Listen to Agile Coaches’ Corner’s most popular show: What is Agile?
No: The Only Negotiating System You Need for Work and Home, by Jim Camp
Begin With the End in Mind: Habit 2 of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey
Find more about The Agile + DevOps East Festival
Want to Learn More or Get in Touch?
Visit the website and catch up with all the episodes on AgileThought.com!
Email your thoughts or suggestions to Podcast@AgileThought.com or Tweet @AgileThought using #AgileThoughtPodcast!
Contact Dan Neumann on Twitter.