Powerful Questions Lead to Exceptional Outcomes with Ola Tunde
Manage episode 346749786 series 2502498
This week, Dan Neumann is joined by his co-worker Ola Tunde. In this episode, Dan and Tunde are addressing a most important topic, which is the matter of learning to ask and identify powerful questions. Knowing how to frame a question correctly can lead to better outcomes; a leader needs to know how to make inspirational questions that will encourage paradigm shifts.
- Framing a question correctly can deliver an outcome in three stages: curiosity, discovery, and introspection.
- How can you tell apart a regular and a powerful question?
- The right question will promote a paradigm shift.
- Lead by asking inspirational questions to help you reach your goal.
- Move away from tactical questions and ask inspirational ones, a leader inspires the workers.
- A powerful question can be the seed to help a worker grow, or reach a discovery from a place of curiosity and knowledge.
- How is a powerful question constructed?
- Intent, outcome, and empathy should be involved in the act of asking a powerful question.
- Be aware of assumptions that can sneak into the questions that are being asked.
- Remember to test your question first.
- How would you feel if you were asked the same question?
- Why are you asking the question? A powerful question is constructed from the heart; ask it because you really care.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Lead Without Blame: Building Resilient Learning Teams, by Diana Larsen and Tricia Broderick
Tunde’s PDF with examples of powerful questions
The Art of Agile Development second edition, by James Shore
Want to Learn More or Get in Touch?
Visit the website and catch up with all the episodes on AgileThought.com!
Email your thoughts or suggestions to Podcast@AgileThought.com or Tweet @AgileThought using #AgileThoughtPodcast!