Manage episode 364907456 series 3366324
Tune in for a fascinating conversation – plus inspiring demonstrations – with nylon-string guitarist and singer Badi Assad. We talk composing and arranging, how to sing and play at the same time, and the importance of emotion and experimentation.
Support the show:
- Listen to Part 2 on Patreon, where Assad explores her approach to re-interpreting pop songs on guitar.
- Make a donation on PayPal
- Give a rating and review
- Listen to Ilha on Amazon, Apple, or Spotify.
- Check out Badi Assad's website.
- Watch her Acoustic Guitar Sessions videos.
- Find the music for Assad's composition "Farewell" in the Acoustic Guitar archives.
This episode is hosted by Nick Grizzle and Elton Bradman, produced by Tanya Gonzalez, and directed and edited by Joey Lusterman. Executive producers are Lyzy Lusterman and Stephanie Campos Dal Broi.
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast is produced by the team at Acoustic Guitar magazine, including:
- Publisher: Lyzy Lusterman
- Editorial Director: Adam Perlmutter
- Managing Editor: Kevin Owens
- Creative Director: Joey Lusterman
- Digital Content Director: Stephanie Campos Dal Broi
- Digital Content Manager: Nick Grizzle
- Marketing Services Manager: Tanya Gonzalez