Manage episode 372239484 series 2507500
Whether you’re sleep deprived with a baby fresh from the hospital or you’re trying to navigate the teenage years, parenting can be difficult and confusing.
Every decision feels weighted, as you wonder how it might impact your child.
Many parents often wonder if they’re making the right choices and if their kids will want to be around them when they no longer have to be.
But what would happen if we filter all of our parenting decisions through the lens of fostering a relationship with our children and our spouses? How would this one shift affect how we make decisions, how we discipline, and how we manage our calendars?
And how could this parenting direction change the relationship we have with our kids long-term?
In this episode, Jordan talks with author Sandra Stanley about parenting with the goal of relationships in mind.
In this candid conversation, you’ll learn:
- What parenting “with the relationship in mind” looks like and how it can inform every decision you make as a parent
- The four stages of parenting and how to transition your parenting style from one season to the next
- Why behavior modification is not a healthy basis for building lasting relationships with your kids
- How to cultivate an environment that will encourage kids to talk to you
- Why your marriage is important for your parenting and practical ways to strengthen your marriage
Want to dig deeper? Check out these resources mentioned in the episode: