Manage episode 295211382 series 2940478
Very excited to present my first guest at my new podcast sustainNOW.
Shameek is co-founder and CEO of TrusTrace, a product traceability and supply chain transparency platform. He has been associated with B2B Software and IT industry for more than 2 decades.
The Mission Statement of TrusTrace is:
"We bring transparency to producers who really want to know what they sell and for consumers who really care what they buy."
What is TrusTrace doing?
In a nuthsell: Understanding the true cost of manufacturing, selling, buying, disposing of material etc. is critical for various stakeholders to act and make the value chain more sustainable.
In this episode, we talk about his personal journey from India to Stockholm and how it impacted it in co-founding his company.
He will share 7 Key Points on how to make the value chain and the world more sustainable:
1. Be mindful when buying. Choose responsible products with small footprint
2. Buy less and go for 'Recycle, Reuse or Rent' options
3. Companies to set aggressive goals to achieve 100% sustainable products and achieve it
4. Regulators and government to reward genuine sustainable efforts and penalise greenwashing and false claims
5. The Rich world to set examples and appreciate the challenges of developing and underdeveloped regions when it comes to sustainability first solutions. 6. Support and reward innovation on Sustainability tech
7. Support Science Based Goals and assist fundamental research and development in sustainability topics
At the end of the podcast, he will share his challenges he experienced and provides a great tip for all founders in the sustainability space.
You can find the shownotes, background materials and contact details of our guests on our website www.sustainnow.ch.
Follow and share our podcast on any podcast platform available.
Do you have a comment or interesting solutions to take a deep dive? Please don't hesitate to go to our website sustainnow.ch and write us an email.
We will have English as well as German speaking guests coming up.
Please check out show notes and background information: www.sustainnow.ch
Ideas for a podcast episode? Please contact us here: email@example.com