Manage episode 363561286 series 3366324
To celebrate 100 years of Arthel Lane “Doc” Watson, we invited 11 distinguished guests to share their stories and reflect on his legacy. You'll hear from a range of talented musicians, producers, and makers—including bluegrass titan Peter Rowan, monumental mandolinist Sierra Hull, flatpicking ace David Grier, and more. From poignant memories to laugh-out-loud moments, we explore this great guitarist’s far-reaching and enduring influence on roots music and our lives.
Support the show:
- Join our community on Patreon
- Make a one-time donation on PayPal
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts (This helps other guitarists find the show and helps us. We really appreciate it!)
- Read this 1993 interview with Doc Watson from the Acoustic Guitar archives.
- Take a flatpicking master class with Alan Barnosky, where you'll learn to think and play like the greats, including Watson.
- Learn more about Merlefest.
- Learn more about the Doc Watson Signature Model from Gallagher Guitar.
- I Am a Pilgrim: Doc Watson at 100
- The Best Of Doc Watson, 1964-1968
- Doc & Merle Watson’s Guitar Album
- Trouble in Mind: The Doc Watson Country Blues Collection
- Foundation: The Doc Watson Guitar Instrumental Collection
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast theme music is composed by Adam Perlmutter and performed for this episode by Alan Barnosky.
This episode is hosted by Nick Grizzle, produced by Tanya Gonzalez, and directed and edited by Joey Lusterman. Executive producers are Lyzy Lusterman and Stephanie Campos Dal Broi.
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast is produced by the team at Acoustic Guitar magazine, including:
- Publisher: Lyzy Lusterman
- Editorial Director: Adam Perlmutter
- Managing Editor: Kevin Owens
- Creative Director: Joey Lusterman
- Digital Content Director: Stephanie Campos Dal Broi
- Digital Content Manager: Nick Grizzle
- Marketing Services Manager: Tanya Gonzalez