Manage episode 334028225 series 2849819
Hayley Milthorpe is the creator of The Cultured Food Company. She’s also a mother, nutritionist and passionate advocate for the health benefits of fermented foods.
Described as a trend setter, her company has been leading the way in Ireland for the last 8 years by producing a range of organic fermented vegetable from sauerkraut to kimchi — making probiotic rich foods accessible for all.
In today’s episode we talk about:
- Why eating “bacteria” is good for you
- How Hayley got into the weird and wonderful world of fermented food
- Simple dietary changes you can make to improve your mental health
- Why our ancestors ate fermented food
- (And the idea that fermented foods are now a missing food group)
- Why probiotic foods are strangely addictive
- And how she went from selling jars of sauerkraut at the local farmers market to getting her products on the shelf of Lidl