Manage episode 342900252 series 2798122
There’s an uncomfortable truth to let in, and that is that animals we consider food are so much more than what most of us have the opportunity to see. And this is no mistake.
Kathy Stevens, founder, and director of Catskill Animal Sanctuary joins us today, to share her experience in rescuing and caring for farm animals, what the role of the industry is, and why there is a mental separation between them and pets.
Catskills Animal Sanctuary, a 150-acre refuge that rescues farmed animals, ignites social change to end their exploitations, and champions vegan living, was born from Kathy’s desire to combine her love for teaching and learning, and her love for animals. All types of animals.
- The beginnings of the Sanctuary
- The mental separation between farmed animals and pets
- The role of the industry
- The primary focus of the Sanctuary’s work
- How do animals come into the Sanctuary’s care
- Working with factory farms
- The goat games
- Fighting burnout, and compassion fatigue
- And other topics…
CUDDLY Blog: https://bit.ly/3eu0Rsy
The Good Good Pig
The Open Sanctuary Project
Want to connect with us? Follow us on social media!
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org