Manage episode 364365571 series 3395428
I'm back with the wonderful Angelica Alen, Stage 3 Cancer survivor and Life Coach, to talk about habits and how they can change our lives. Angelica has some really fantastic advice on habit forming, how to make them work for us and making them stick.
Angelica Alen is a health and life coach, a stage 3 Bowel cancer survivor & thriver.
Angelica is passionate about empowering you to take charge of your habits so you can create a healthier, happier and more fulfilled version of you
To connect with Angelica
Newsletter - https://bit.ly/transformyourlifestarttoday
- 00:00:00 - Coming up
- 00:01:35 - Introduction
- 00:04:28 - Juggling health with a busy life
- 00:09:50 - To push or respect? Finding your balance
- 00:15:05 - How to start a habit
- 00:22:15 - Habits and resistance
- 00:25:18 - The power of routine
- 00:31:40 - Staying motivated and building more habits
- 00:39:17 - Keeping on track and emotional habits
- 00:48:00 - Family reactions to Angelica’s change
- 00:54:04 - Appreciating the basics
- 01:02:05 - Old habits and FOMO
- 01:10:14 - Final tips
- Try to incorporate health into your daily life, rather than see it as ‘other’. In a listener-asked example, rather than having to choose between cooking a healthy meal and spending time with your child, why not cook with them, or have them nearby while you cook.
- It can be so beneficial to redirect your energy away from worrying about things, to just getting them done!
- Find your balance between pushing yourself to do better and knowing when to stop. If we always hold off because we don’t “feel like it”, we may never start something amazing and beneficial!
- When trying to form habits, start small and work your way up slowly. If you try to do too much too fast, your habit likely won’t stick in the long term.
- It’s okay to find your own way of doing things. If you don’t enjoy walking, find an alternative that you do like!
- It’s important to really evaluate your motivations - cosmetics alone are usually not enough. Think of all the additional benefits.
- Endless scrolling social media can be a huge block in forming positive habits.
- It’s your responsibility to take control of your own health and wellbeing.
- There’s no better time to start than right now! It’s ok to just start with what you have, it’s not a race.
Follow me on social media:
Disclaimer: The purpose of this podcast is to keep curious and keep free. The opinions of the guests do not necessarily represent the opinions of the host and vice versa - exploring different opinions is key to growth. The content in this podcast and on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical or veterinary advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified healthcare professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical or veterinary advice because of something you have heard on my podcast or website.