#058: Forgiveness: The Secret to Healing and Freedom | Fr. John Burns
Manage episode 332428010 series 3364780
Forgiving someone that wounded you is difficult. Not only is forgiveness difficult, it is often over simplified and misunderstood.
That’s why we interviewed an expert on forgiveness, who happens to be a child of divorce. In this practical episode, we address:
- What exactly is forgiveness?
- How to forgive through the four stages of forgiveness
- Why forgiveness is good for you and unforgiveness is bad for you
- How does compensation or reparation factor into forgiveness?
- Practical advice to forgive someone who feels impossible to forgive
Buy Fr. John’s books: Adore: A Guided Advent Journal for Prayer and Meditation | Lift Up Your Heart: A 10-Day Personal Retreat with St. Francis de Sales
Buy Joey’s book: It’s Not Your Fault: A Practical Guide to Navigating the Pain & Problems from Your Parents’ Divorce (affiliate link)