543: The Psychology of Money | Morgan Housel
Manage episode 352003590 series 172966
Money is often a messy and complicated topic that provokes a lot of anxiety.
Today’s show is the first episode of a two-part series on managing our relationship to money and understanding what role money really plays when it comes to our happiness.
Morgan Housel is the author of The Psychology of Money: Timeless Lessons on Wealth, Greed, and Happiness. Translated into over 50 languages with over two million copies sold, Housel is a two-time winner of the Best in Business Award from the Society of American Business Editors and Writers, winner of the New York Times Sidney Award, and a two-time finalist for the Gerald Loeb Award for Distinguished Business and Financial Journalism.
In this conversation we talk about:
- The difference between happiness and contentment
- The difference between being rich and being wealthy
- The elusive but crucial concept of “enough”
- The importance of not moving the goalposts when it comes to enough-ness
- Why financial success is more about behavior than intelligence
- How our lived experiences impact our perspectives on money
Full Shownotes: https://www.tenpercent.com/podcast-episode/morgan-housel-543