Manage episode 358003274 series 172966
It’s hard not to like Lewis Howes. He’s extremely open about his personal struggles, from childhood trauma to romantic challenges, from family drama to failure and self-doubt. Lewis is a voracious learner, relentless in his pursuit of his interests–and he’ll bust his ass to get to the bottom of things in his own life.
His main area of interest is what he calls greatness. He hosts a podcast, a very popular one, called The School of Greatness. He has spent many many years interviewing people who have excelled in all sorts of areas and has become a true student. Lewis now has a new book, called The Greatness Mindset, in which he shares what he’s learned via all of these interviews and his own personal work.
In this episode we talk about:
- The source of Lewis’s interest in greatness
- The difference between a powerless mindset and a greatness mindset
- The pernicious impact of self-doubt
- How to counter your inner critic via a ‘contract with yourself’
- How to face your fears
- The importance of mission and purpose
- Where selfishness fits into finding your mission and purpose
- And we have a friendly debate about the law of attraction
Full Shownotes: https://www.tenpercent.com/podcast-episode/lewis-howes-571